среда, 10 октября 2007 г.

verinvaldez: Rilo Kiley's "Under the Blacklight"

So listen, I actually enjoy their new album although it is very different. That's not the problem I had. Even though Pitchfork Media was really harsh on the new album, I gave it a chance and I am still glad that I did. What they do mention, and what I completely agree on, is that this was their "come-out", "sell- out", "MTV VMA put-out" album, and it was very intentional in the sense that they wrote, styled, and modeled it for the mass audience. MTV's Artist of the Week is Rilo Kiley, which means they are constantly whored every commercial break with "new" artist info and all that jazz. Their show in San Diego is this Friday at Soma for $22. I hate normal, one major headliner shows over $20 just based on my belief that they must be very egotistical and full of themselves. This only counts for bands and musicians that were "underground" before. Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, and the Spice Girls can charge $20,000 for their concerts and I say more power to them, but not musicians that have had a previously unnoticed album, let alone three, which came out six years ago (as in our beloved's). Anyway, needless to say, I won't be attending, but I wanted to go just to jeer at them, wear a smart-ass shirt degrading their choice, and make damn sure that Ms. Lewis saw me. What I really mean to say is that it's all downhill (for former fans), and uphill (for the band), in the sense that their popularity will grow tremendously, they will be covered much more in the media, their shows will be more than a mere $22, they will be dating other musicians and we will care, and the fashionable Jenny will be in Vogue for her eclectic, but very stunning, style. And I can't do a damn thing! I'm only one person right? We all know that a single man cannot move mountains, so I should stop pretending.
Please participate:
1 means you strongly diasgree; 10 means you strongly agree.

Комментариев нет: