пятница, 5 октября 2007 г.

nowhereman13733: Our First Band Practice: A Great Success!!

Those words carry a marvelous chill up and down my spine as I think about them: OUR first practice. I've been in a lot of worship bands in the past--- it's what I loved to do all throughout high school. I played in two different youth groups, two different adult bands, and a couple of others here and there. It was during those times that I grew close to fellow band members, and sometimes, felt the responsibility of managing a band and leading it. Last night, those feelings and ideas returned to me, but in a different light: this time, we were free to play whatever we wanted. And there was an excellent mutuality about the whole thing, a maturity mingling with youthful inspiration that cannot be compared to anything else. I saw six faces, covered in color: Brie, Kristen, Ashley, Brandon, Joe and David. We were in unison, making music, having the time of our lives. And that's really what it's all about--- it's about that excitement that fills the air between breaks, about signaling in the middle of a build for everyone to come up or down. And in that process, it's all coming back to me-- it's just better this time, because it's OUR music, OUR college soundtrack. I would like to thank you all for being such terrific friends and dedicated musicians-- here's to many more practices!!! >_>

Комментариев нет: